LBSA First Meeting Recap
This past Thursday, we invited Karin Iwasaka from the Career Center for a Professional Dress and Pitch Workshop. She provided great tips on how to dress professionally and create an effective pitch:
- If you’re not sure what attire is appropriate in your workplace, look at the attire of people one or two levels above you.
- Have your outfit freshly cleaned and pressed along with a neat hairstyle that keeps long hair off your face.
- The Cougar Career Closet provides free professional clothing for all students. They are located in the Career Center in Craven 1400. For more information, click here.
- Things to include in your pitch are:
- Who you are: your major and credentials
- What you want: show your passion and motivation towards your goal
- What do you bring to the table: apply your skills and cater it to the employer
- The Career Center provides free career guidance videos through Candid Careers.
Reminder: We are now accepting applications for our Ambassador program! The positions open for the program are Marketing Director and Membership & Recruitment Director. The deadline to submit your application is March 14th. The application can be found here.
We hope you apply!
Membership and Recruitment Director